Before you start, you should know how to back up and restore your phone with the TWRP recovery environment. To take a full backup of your device in order to restore it later, you will be required to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Later on, you will need to copy the ROM file to the root of your phone’s internal storage.
- You cannot restore a Nandroid backup on a different device.
- When you’re happy to proceed, tap the big Flash button.
- Let’s go over all of them so your device is ready for the installation process.
- If you want to take full advantage of TWRP then you must know the advantage and disadvantages of flashing TWRP recovery on your android phone.
In my experience, I recommend running two to three backups just to make sure you have everything saved. Things like SMS messages don’t get backed up so if you have anything valuable on your phone or tablet, it’s recommended that you transfer those individually. If your device has boot ramdisk, get a copy of the boot.img (or init_boot.img if exists). If your device does NOT have boot ramdisk, get a copy of the recovery.img. You should be able to extract the file stock firmware ROM you need from official firmware packages or your custom ROM zip. The Nothing Phone 1 ships with Nothing OS, a nearly stock Android skin.
Your device will be recognized and the main interface of Dr.Fone will show up. After locating it, copy all the files in your Android device before finishing the upgrade firmware, otherwise the file will be gone. Then, it’ll be recognized by kies and kies will download all the files of recent firmware. Before starting, you need to check whether your device support or not according to the list of mobile phones.
- It does not go overboard with features but keeps essential utilities that can be helpful to users.
- Before you use SP flash tool to flash firmware/recovery on your device, there are a few things you should know.
- Open the SP Flashtool folder and launch flash_tool.exe SP Flashtool should now open.
- First of all Download the ‘Doogee Y6 flash file zip‘ which is given above and extract it on your computer’s desktop.
Doing so will create a backup of all the partitions on your device. These include the data, system, vendor, boot, among others. So if your device gets bricked or boot looped, you only need to restore this backup and the device will be up and running. Adb backup system image is a command used to backup your Android device’s system image.